Saturday, September 18, 2010

« ɛrrʮ bαωdʮ lʋrvɛs τɛɦ sαʋsαgɛ fαırʮ! »

Just for the record, the title has nothing to do with anything. You can thank Stanley for that one.

Oh, and by the way, I'm dropping the awesome font thingy, because of formatting errors. Which sucks. D=

The second week of school has now gone by for those of us still at MHS. Not a whole lot to report. Mornings are incredibly boring without our favorite senior friends around. Mostly, they’re spent wandering aimlessly, or sitting somewhere out of traffic. Really, I miss sitting by XL’s locker, blocking most of the hallway and Cheering whenever Mr. K walked by to the beat of XT’s K-Pop.

I have Algebra 2 with Schwankl this semester. His jokes are as lame as ever, but at least he teaches relatively well. Not a whole lot to report there. Which brings me to second hour and the

Mr. Hampton quote of the week:
“You know a movie star’s living room? Goes on and on with big cooshy chairs everywhere, and you wonder how the ceiling is supported. Has a view overlooking the pool, overlooking the cliff, which will fall into the ocean anyway cuz it’s in California. You can’t have a wide sound like that living room!”

He comes up with the greatest analogies, doesn’t he? I wish I had written down all the weird things he said while I was in varsity women’s choir. I do remember one thing: “Girls, you’re flat! Guys won’t like you if you’re flat!” Of course he meant our pitch, but half the girls in the choir reacted as if he were talking about our chests. Some people.

I’m pretty excited for choir this year. It’s my first year in concert choir, and it’s so weird for me, especially on back rub day, that there are guys in the choir. Though I’ll admit, they do give pretty good back rubs. I’m the last alto standing next to the baritones. We’ve got some pretty cool pieces, this quarter. We’re singing “Exulatate Justi,” which is a latin hymn, though I forget who wrote it. “Achieved is the Glorious Work,” a rather confusing Haydn piece, a VIDA song called “Famine Song,” A French piece called “Dirait-on,” and an accapella version of Coldplay’s “Fix You.” I’m also super duper excited because this summer, we’re going to LA for our choir trip. It’ll be sweet! But not nearly as sweet as New York was, because there’s more smog and less of my bestest friends from the Clot going. D=
I’ve decided that I’m not gonna ramble on about choir for two pages like I did in my letter to XL (which I’m sending as soon as I find those stamps, by the by.), so onto third hour. I have World History with Felt, and so far, it’s pretty cool. I dunno if he did the personality thing with class of 2010, but I’m a T, if you know what that means. So far, it’s an awesome class, and I love how he incorporates stories into the notes. We had a test on chapter one yesterday, and now we’re starting in on the egyptians. Whee.

After history I have study hall, and there’s not a whole lot to report there other than I’m supposed to help one of the exchange students from time to time. That and there’s a whole lot of goofing around with Randi and Nii.

Onto one of my favorite classes: Animal Science with XL’s daddy! He’s so cute, still calling her his “little girl” even when she’s flown the coop. [I’m sure he misses you tons more than I do, XL. <3] I felt kinda special, because mine was the only name he knew the first day of class, which was probably because I’m friends with XL. Everyone else’s name took a bit longer to stick in his head. I love all the stuffed animals he has in his room. They have all been named, courtesy of Nii, Jacob, Randi, and I. Jacob and I sit up front, tucked kind of in a corner. Hung up on the walls of the corner are Freddy, a squirrel, and Gerald and Bradford, his duck friends. In the opposite corner are Bertrand and Bernice, snowy owls, and on XLD’s desk is Clarice, who is a hawk of some sort. On the other walls are Cabeza, the decapitated dear head, Jean Paul, the pheasant, and Maxwell, a Canadian goose. I suppose that’s a little weird, giving dead critters names and all, but they need to feel loved too, right? Right. Moving along.

So, they reinstated B lunch this year, and that’s what period our class eats. Jacob and I sit with Preston and Chii, and you know how weird those two are. We have really weird conversations. If you ever see Chii online, ask him about Mr. Cow. I’d tell you, but it’s kinda involved and I’d probably mess it up. And being the only girl at a table with those two... I’m sure you can imagine how difficult it is to eat on Hot Dog or Cheddarwurst Day.

After lunch, we go back to class, as is the nature of B Lunch, and usually, XLD gets cut off in the middle of saying something about the notes [which this week was the anatomy of critters.] So he tries to pick up where he left off. I like how he gives notes though. He’s more conversational and laid back than other teachers I’ve had. I like it.

Animal Science is followed by Spanish 3, which is pretty fun. We’ve been reviewing a lot of the stuff we learned last year, and are doing a lot more talking than note taking. Which I prefer anyway. Senora is another of my favorite teachers. In fact, all of my teachers are pretty awesome this year. Me gusta mucho.
Last hour I have ASC with Goddard, which is pretty boring. Short stories that I normally just go TL;DR to. Which probably isn’t all to good for my grade, but I do well on the quizzes anyway. So yeah.

Anyway, teh eeveel T’Shael is kicking me off the computer, so I’ll blog again next Saturday. Unless something OMGSOTOTALLY EXCITING comes up.

<3 Pip

3 comments:

  1. LONG COMMENT SPAM!

    XDD I laughed super hard at Hampton quote. I miss those.
    And LOL....he called me just as I read it

    But DANG IT!! D= I wish I'd have been able to read on a little more before he did cuz I forgot to ask him about the choir trip. LA?? That does sound awesome. At least I've been there before and I hear the Chinatown isn't that great, so I'm not *too* jealous.

    LETTER!!!~~~ *reminds self to write letters* I'm so excited. =D

    I was a T, too. ^.^ I was almost an A.
    And yes yes, Felt is a good teacher.

    Dad doesn't like animal science at all. He doesn't know any of it. And I bet he told you guys that in class already. But I'm assuming he'll get the hang of it.
    And I see he still talks about me in class......remind me never to tell him if I get a boyfriend or something else I don't want reported to the underclassmen.

    O_O I grew up with those taxidermy animals and I never even knew their names until now. I love them, though. They have speech kids in there for speech meets and I like to imagine how creeped out the speech kids are to have the animals listening to their speech.

    Can't eat cheddarwurst? T_T but cheddarwurst is one of the best days there is. Just smack them and tell them Eliz says to shape up.

    Oh, and btw, what email do you use for this account? I wanna add it to my "allow" list on my Up North blog, so you can see it without having to sign in to my dummy account. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. @xiao zero, I love your long comment spam.

    I use piptati@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^^ Is added. Accept, plz, and will be done.

    ReplyDelete